The London Guarantee Building, now better known as 360 North Michigan Avenue, is a remarkable landmark in Chicago, situated at a prominent site at the Chicago River at the termination of Wacker Drive.
It was built by Alfred Schuler for the London Guarantee and Accident Company, just after the completion of the neighbouring Wrigley building in 1922.
Due to the special shape of its site, the 22-story limestone building has a trapezoidal ground plan. It is full of classical references: the central arched entrance is flanked by four corinthian columns; the three top stories above the fifteenth floor repeat the row of classical columns. The construction is topped by a Greco-Roman tempietto.
- Next: Sears Tower
State/Lake (loop & red)
360 N. Michigan Avenue